Due to an increase in the volume of work from new contracts and to support our continued growth, Stirling Dynamics is looking for talented Systems Engineers to join our Systems and Safety team.
A wide variety of roles are currently available, therefore the requirements would suit individuals with established aerospace/defence/marine background through to recent graduates with an applicable engineering degree qualification.
Stirling’s projects cover both fixed wing and rotary wing aircraft for the UK and internationally based customers. Current roles are mainly based in our Clifton office and are likely to require trips to client sites.
The key accountabilities for the role are varied and will include:
- Supporting our clients in completing system/equipment design, development & certification activities
- Working to resolve in-service issues
- Preparation and/or checking of documentation for the equipment/system design process
- Supporting certification test planning activities, test analysis and documentation
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
Our current requirements span hydro-mechanical through to avionics/software, therefore, Stirling is interested in candidates with specific and/or mixed expertise that can demonstrate experience in at least two or more of the following:
- New equipment/system design and development for civil aircraft programmes (ARP4754)
- ARP4761, Guidelines and Methods for Conducting the Safety Assessment Process on Civil Airborne Systems and Equipment
- DO-160, Environmental Conditions and Test Procedures for Airborne Equipment
- DO-178B/C, Software Considerations in Airborne Systems and Equipment Certification
- DO-254, Design Assurance Guidance for Airborne Electronic Hardware
- Certification activities –certification planning and certification summary/compliance
- Electrical (ATA 24)
- Fuel (ATA 28)
- Hydraulics (ATA 29)
- Landing Gear (ATA 32)
- Water / Waste (ATA 38)
- Water Ballast (ATA 41)
- Cabin Systems (ATA 44)
Application deadline: 31/07/2019