Stirling Dynamics Aerospace Technical Services Sector is now seeking to recruit an Engineer to support upcoming programmes of work. The system engineer will work in a customer facing role acting as the focal point for capturing the customer’s requirements and liaising with the Stirling team to ensure the deliverables meet the customer’s needs. The engineer will be working within the flight control and fly-by-wire domains for a new aircraft development and aircraft modification programme. The immediate need is to work closely with a key strategic customer and develop the relationship.
The ideal candidate will be educated to degree level or equivalent in a related discipline (preferably Aerospace Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Mathematics) and must be able to demonstrate a good understanding of system engineering, verification through test and tests data analysis. The candidate must have relevant industrial experience within the aerospace sector, preferably some flight control and fly-by-wire knowledge. Some exposure to system modelling, such as control, hydro-mechanical 1-D simulation and Matlab/Simulink, would be an advantage. The successful candidate will have strong interpersonal skills and will be working as part of a development team. The candidate should therefore have experience working with configuration management and version control whilst working within a multi-disciplinary team.
- Interact with internal and external customers on a technical level.
- Deliver engineering solutions at a consistently high standard (self-checking results), within a given budget.
- Preparation, presentation of technical reports and proposals. Provide technical direction within the delegated area of responsibility.
- Maintain the project documentation in line with the quality plan.
- Ensure given tasks achieve their full objectives.
- Manage multiple tasks and deliver within agreed timescales and budgets.
- Interact with other engineers on a technical and project level.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- A relevant engineering degree or equivalent.
- Aerospace industrial experience.
- System engineering.
- System validation & verification.
- Critical review of technical reports.
- Flight control and fly-by-wire systems.
- Development of test specifications.
- Experience of working within a configuration controlled development team (the use of GIT would be an advantage).
- Report writing and presentation skills.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office applications: Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook.
- An appreciation (academic or industry) of modelling and simulation would be beneficial.
The personal qualities of the jobholder will be key to success in this role. The following characteristics and qualities are identified as essential for the role:
- Self-motivated, mature candidate with the ability to solve problems independently.
- An ability to manage multiple tasks, to work effectively within a team or independently when required.
- Good interpersonal skills, including a diplomatic and professional approach when dealing with people.
- The confidence and desire to gain a full understanding of issues.
- The capability to work efficiently and accurately, with an attention to detail, and the discipline to self-check results.
- Good organisational skills, including record keeping.
- Able to act in a customer facing position.
Application deadline: 04/08/2019