Stirling Dynamics, an affiliate company of Expleo Engineering (UK), is a fast-growing, advanced engineering company that delivers a range of complex systems, solutions and technical services to the civil aerospace, defence and marine markets.
Our strength is providing world-leading technical expertise, innovative products and a service worthy of our premium brand position; we achieve this through working collaboratively within the wider Expleo Group, our partners and our client base in building strong relationships that focus on delivering on commitments, open communication and transparency.
With annual revenue of more than £11m and ambitious growth plans, we are looking to recruit an experienced Business Development Manager with an established track-record in the marine market sector to join us and lead our Marine Systems (MAR) business development activities in both our established and emerging markets worldwide. The successful candidate will have demonstrable business development skills and experience with a positive and proactive approach to Business Development with an ability to identify client needs in advance of the formal tendering process, develop sales campaigns and construct compelling proposals.
Applicants must have a strong business development mind-set and account management skills. It is highly advantageous that the successful candidate has an existing network of contacts within the MoD and wider marine domain and can use these to support Stirling’s rapidly growing business.
The ability to achieve and maintain UK Security Clearance is a mandatory pre-requisite for this role.
Main responsibilities include:
- Identification of new market opportunities and profiling of customer needs, from which to develop new sales campaigns and value propositions,
- Delivery of sales order-intake objectives with existing accounts and new clients working to individual monthly targets and KPIs
- Through new and ongoing relationship building, keeping abreast of current trends within the marine defence market, specifically the submarine and UUV
- Responsibility for the complete sales process including lead generation, capture planning, solution creation, proposal writing and contract negotiations.
- Creation of sales presentation material and commercial proposals as well as contributing to new service introduction
- Winning sales orders to support ambitious growth plans and growing / managing an effective pipeline of business opportunities.
- Developing and maintaining Key Account Plans for established clients and capture plans for new
- Seeking and understanding competitors’ offerings in the market segment; their offerings and technologies, assessment of their strengths and weaknesses, define Stirling’s price competitive
- Maintaining up-to-date account, campaign and opportunity information and status on the opportunity tracker and SalesForce as our chosen CRM
- Produce regular reports and business updates as
- Supporting the promotion of the Stirling Dynamics brand through digital means (website and social media) and attending and/or exhibiting at key industry
- Complete tasks requested by Head of Business Development in support of the
- The Business Development Manager (Marine) will report to the Head of Business Development (Executive Management)
- The Business Development Manager (Marine) will work within and contribute to a project-oriented matrix organisation comprising of cross-functional teams made up of marketing professionals, project managers and engineers allocated to specific bids and
- The Business Development Manager (Marine) will work closely with their counterparts in Expleo to jointly manage common client account plans and develop joint
- Stirling needs agile thinkers with a strong can-do attitude. The ability to “do” as well as delegate effectively is imperative. Pace is an important element of the role; many opportunities are reactive in nature, timely and effective response to clients’ needs is essential for
- A worldwide customer base requires a mature, effective and locally-targeted approach to cultural considerations for other ways of working, customs and
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Sales / Business Development experience in a marine engineering consultancy environment with a related business or engineering
- Knowledge of the UK marine defence market sector trends, MoD procurement and major players (particularly submarine or other near-field highly regulated industry); covering customers/competitors, market segment values, new platform developments, technology
- Knowledge of the core engineering capabilities: submarine systems, naval architecture, system design, software and product
- Skills and experience in creating proposals and sales
- Knowledge and experience in using CRM systems, experience in SalesForce will be an
- An understanding of Export Control, Dual-Use and Foreign Regulatory Framework (ITAR, EAR) is highly desirable.
- Skills in MS Office products
- Independent, self-motivated, flexible with a can-do attitude
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, organised and with a drive to follow-through projects to successful
- Highly developed interpersonal skills with a diplomatic and professional approach to
- The confidence to challenge practices and the willingness to question to gain a full understanding of
- A willingness to embrace change and an ability to implement new
- A team player who, uses initiative, is enthusiastic and
- Ability to travel world-wide as
FACTS AND FIGURES
Pay & Benefits: Competitive Package
Department: Business Development and Sales
Reporting to: Head of Business Development
Location: Bristol (Bristol Business Park) with some flexibility for home working
Contract type: Full Time