We are looking to recruit a Business Manager with an established track record to join us and lead our Marine Systems and Naval Architecture (MAR) business unit both in our established and emerging markets worldwide. As we seek to expand and offer our products and services globally, prior exposure to the international marine market is advantageous to this role.
The Marine Systems and Naval Architecture Business Unit provide advanced submarine autopilot systems to the UK and worldwide operators. In addition, Stirling is a leading provider of applied naval architecture consultancy services in the domains of hydrodynamics, hydrostatics, flotation and stability.
Working in a project-oriented matrix management organisation, you will be responsible for the revenue and gross profit of the business unit. You will be liaising closely with business development, engineering, and the project management office to ensure projects and bids are delivered to time, cost and quality.
You will also work closely with the other supporting functions (finance, quality, security and export control) to ensure a seamless delivery of service to the customer.
Applicants must have firm financial acumen, a business development mindset and account management skills. It is highly advantageous that the successful candidate has an existing network of contacts within our key domains and can use these to support Stirling’s rapidly growing business.
The ability to achieve and maintain UK Security Clearance is a mandatory pre-requisite for this role.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, be organised and drive projects to a successful outcome.
- Independent, self-motivated, flexible and with a can-do attitude.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills with a diplomatic and professional approach to people.
- The confidence to challenge practices and the willingness to question to gain a full understanding of issues.
- A willingness to embrace change and the ability to implement new processes.
- Good administrative and financial skills, including record keeping.
- A team player who uses initiative is enthusiastic and engaging.
- Ability to travel worldwide as required (expectation is 10-15% travelling to meet customer).
Application deadline: 27/09/2019