Pay & Benefits – From £30 per hour (Dependent on Experience)
Location – Bristol
Contract type – Contract (up to 6 months)
We know that sometimes people can be put off applying for a job if they think they don’t tick every box. If you’re excited about working for a successful engineering consultancy and have a customer-focussed, can-do attitude, go ahead and apply. You could be key to our success!
We’re ideally looking for someone with:
- A previous working knowledge of detailed design of fixed displacement axial piston pump
- Recently developed detailed design of hydraulic actuation systems
- Significant experience using 3D CAD modelling tool(s) including 2D technical drawings
About the role
We’re looking for a Mechanical Design Engineer to support the Electromechanical Design & Test team by providing mechanical design expertise for the detailed design and development of a hydraulic axial piston pump for use in an aerospace application.
For the full job description, please see the download button at the bottom of the page.
Founded in 1987, Stirling Dynamics has grown from a handful of expert engineers to a team of 100+ staff. The success of the company is made possible through a customer-focussed, can-do culture.
Everything we do is underpinned by our company mission statement:
- To deliver innovative technical services and technology solutions into our core markets
- To build sustainable, beneficial relationships between suppliers, clients and institutions
- To be recognised as an innovator and catalyst of new technologies
- To continue to make valuable investments for the future through education, research and development
Strong financial performance is essential to support investment and growth. Looking forward we aim to achieve the following objectives:
- Increased business development and marketing activities to develop new markets
- Addition of new engineering capabilities to meet emerging customer needs
- Technology refresh for control products and systems
- Increased investment in training and professional development schemes
This role can be based from home or our Bristol office.
You may need to travel on occasion although our main office is in Bristol.
At Stirling Dynamics we celebrate diversity and know that it’s critical for our success. We work hard to make sure we’re inclusive. So, if you are great at what you do, we want to hear from you!
If you need any adjustments made to the application or selection process so you can do your best, let us know. We will be happy to help.
We review CV’s as we receive them and interview as soon as we receive good applications. We don’t use closing dates. So, please apply as soon as possible to avoiding missing out on this role.