An new opportunity has arisen resulting from internal reorganisation. The Stock Controller role in its new form (previously a combined role) is a dedicated role focussing on the control of supplied goods and products with the company. The role will involve the establishment and optimisation of the new way of working in addition to the core role responsibilities. The intent is to define and implement this improved way of working in our existing facility (Clifton, Bristol) before the company relocation to our new facility within the Bristol Business Park (near UWE) in November 2019. Therefore, the candidate must be able to work initially in Clifton, and then in the Bristol Business Park thereafter.
To ensure the stock within the business is effectively and efficiently; received, controlled and released in order to meet the needs of the company Projects. To oversee the storage, safeguarding and dispatch of all company Product and customer items.
Accountable for the operation of the following physical areas:
- Goods-in reception
- General Stores
- Bonded Stores (including Quarantine)
- Consumable racking areas within Assembly
Accountable for the following processes:
- Take responsibility of the; development, implementation and continued improvement of the stock management related company processes.
- Receiving delivered goods and conducting the checking-in process in accordance with the company Goods Inwards Inspection and Control process.
- Update the stock status within the company ERP System.
- Release goods to Project or Stock.
- Liaison with Procurement/Quality/Project Management regarding any goods-in conformance/quality issues.
- Receive and manage Product through to the point of dispatch (this includes storage, movements through to the final inspection (quality responsibility), packing and dispatch process).
- Manage the storage and safeguarding and transportation of all Development and Marketing Product when not in use.
- Manage the receipt of Product returned for repair ensuring the Company Hardware Repair and Maintenance procedure is followed.
- Manage stock location.
- Conduct stock-checks (both internal and audited) to ensure the physical quantities match those within the ERP.
- With Engineering and Procurement support, manage stock obsolescence.
- Monitor consumable items to ensure shop-floor stock is replenished from stores and/or ordered in a timely manner.
- Transfer from Stock to Project.
- Responsible for accurate and timely Product kitting against a Product BOM.
- Release of completed kits into Assembly.
- Responsible for storage and stock management all packing materials (general and product specific).
- Manage the Product (and goods where applicable) packing process post final inspection.
- Ensuring that the Product is dispatched in a controlled and safe manner.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Demonstrable experience within stock control environments and leadership thereof.
- Has previously been involved in the development and continuous improvement of the processes surrounding stock control.
- Previous experience in the visual inspection of goods (machined parts, painted/anodised surfaces etc.) would be beneficial.
- Experience with ERP systems and digital inventory management systems would be beneficial.
- Good Microsoft Office knowledge, including Outlook, Work, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Excited by the opportunity to develop, own and continually improve an essential company function.
- Highly efficient and organised with excellent attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral.
- Team player.
- Works well under pressure.
- Professional and approachable manner.
Application deadline: 31/07/2019