Senior Loads and Aeroelastics Engineer
Stirling Dynamics is recruiting senior Loads and Aeroelastics Engineers to join the Structural and Fluid Dynamics team.
Due to upcoming projects and supporting continued growth, Stirling Dynamics are looking for talented senior Loads and Aeroelastics Engineers to join our team. We are looking for both permanent employees and contractors.
This engineer will work within a team responsible for all aspects of aircraft structural dynamics, from model build and validation to the prediction of flutter and the computation of ground and flight loads for the whole aircraft. As a Senior Engineer, responsibility will include leading specific tasks within a work package and supporting the Principal Engineer leading that work package to reach the required solutions accurately and on budget.
The ideal candidate will be educated to degree level or equivalent in a related discipline (preferably Aerospace Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Engineering Mathematics) and must be able to demonstrate a good understanding of aircraft structural dynamics, loads and aeroelastics.
Proven relevant experience in industry is required with an able knowledge of methods and processes followed within this field for both analysis and certification purposes.
The successful candidate will have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work within a team of engineers.
This role will be predominantly based in our Bristol office with occasional travel to our clients’ sites as required. As part of our commitment to flexibility for our staff, employees will be able to work from home for part of the week should they wish to (subject to approval).
- Interact with other engineers on a technical and project level
- Manage the agreed tasks and deliver within agreed timescales and budgets
- Interact with internal and external customers on a technical and programme level
- Deliver engineering solutions at a consistently high standard (self-checking results)
- Follow the working practices defined in the project Quality Plan
- Write technical reports detailing the work performed
- Responsibilities will be expected to be developed and finalised over time and will include but will not be restricted to:
- Support the development of new business proposals, through technical content, work breakdown, hours and cost estimate
- Support the preparation and implementation of planning documentation including quality, technical and budget plans for projects
- Provide technical direction within the delegated area of responsibility;
- Support the personal development of the junior team members and motivate and coordinate their work to ensure their contribution to the project achieves all objectives
- Build strong relationships with customers
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent) in a related discipline
- Post-graduate qualification to a Master’s degree or Doctorate in a relevant specialisation (desirable)
- Membership of an Engineering Body with Chartership in mind (desirable)
- Aircraft structural dynamics with relevant experience from one or some of the following:
- flight and ground loads
- flutter and aeroelastics
- aircraft structures
- model build and validation
- test specification and support
- landing gear shimmy
- Knowledge of landing gear structure (desirable)
- Familiarity with FAR/EASA 23/25 Part C (desirable)
- Knowlede of FE modelling of airframe and landing gear structures (NASTRAN/PATRAN) (desirable)
- Clear, concise and accurate technical reporting within Microsoft Word
- Use of Matlab language and environment for analysis
- EXCEL and use for computations and analysis (desirable)
- PowerPoint and the presentation of technical information (desirable)
- Simulink, FORTRAN (desirable)
- The personal qualities of the jobholder will be key to success in this role. The following characteristics and qualities are identified as essential for the role:
- The ability to focus on the task in-hand
- The willingness to question
- Attention to detail and the discipline to self-check results
- The organisation and drive to meet deadlines
- A diplomatic and professional approach to dealing with people
- To enjoy working within a team environment
- Willingness to embrace change and to implement new processes
- Willingness to support and to contribute to the development of the junior engineers (desirable)
FACTS AND FIGURES
Pay & Benefits – Competitive Package
Department – Structural and Fluid Dynamics
Reporting to – Principal Engineer (Structural and Fluid Dynamics)
Location – Bristol
Contract type – Permanent / Contractor
Job Reference – 21/31b
Apply Download job information