4. Your personal data processed, legal basis and purpose of processing
4.1 Data ProcessedAs further described below, we collect personal data from you in connection with your job application and recruitment process. This data collection will be progressive and will depend on the status of your application (initial discussion to final onboarding process). For example, the generic process initially focuses on your contact details and CVs for the first reviews, then education and work-related data during interviews, to finally include other data such as financial data and ID to establish your final offer. All these recruitment processes are made in compliance with your country’s regulation, particularly regarding the personal data that shall not be collected during interviews (for example in Germany, questions regarding your marital status are not permissible). You have the control over the personal data that you are willing to share with Expleo Group, and we will only collect what is necessary. At the end of the process, and by reducing this list depending on your choice and in the strict application of the regulation of your country, the data processed may include the following:
- Identification data: name and surname, nationality, address, personal identification number, identification data from the passport, copy of the identity document, sex, date of birth and signature, civil status.
- Contact Details: your email address, your address, your number (landline and/or mobile phone) as well as your email address.
- Education, certifications, and knowledge details: education history, schools you went, knowledge, skills, abilities, aptitudes, working style, preferences, professional and other work related licenses, permits, and certifications held.
- Work related data: profession or occupation, work authorization status, CV, résumé, cover letter, previous work experience, referral names, contact information for referrals, if and when applicable, information relating to character and employment references; any other information you choose to provide to us with such as preferences, willingness to relocate, awards or professional memberships.
- Data related to the position(s): key words, function, level of experience, type of contract, location, business line.
- Financial data: income, salary – past, current, desired.
- Location Data: Country, area, postal code, city, address, relocation options.
- Authentication and connection data: username, passwords, pins, other means of authentication IP address, log, pages visited.
- Inferred data: This category includes data generated or inferred by us based on the data we hold about you, regardless of its source (i.e. obtained directly from you or from interaction such as interviews and other types of assignments).
- Health data: data regarding your work capacity, the data from the medical certificates certifying the type and degree of your disabilities.
- Other personal data: family situation, hobbies, leisure, category of driving licence, availability time.
- Your profile on professional social networks which might include identification data, education, work experience, but also content you choose to post on such networks, and it is visible on your profile.
4.2 Legal BasisWe collect and process your personal data pursuant to one or more of the following legal bases:
- You have consented to process and retention of your personal data for recruitment purposes or consented to Expleo carrying out searches and validating personal data you have provided via the preboarding portal as may be necessary for the agreed purposes. Searches and validations may include, but no limited to, checks concerning right-to-work including ID documents. The processing is necessary in connection with our legitimate interests in recruitment and hiring candidates.
- The processing is necessary to take steps, at your request, relating to potentially entering into an employment contract with you.
- The processing is necessary to comply with our legal obligations, such as retaining records relating to the recruitment process for periods required under applicable laws or regulations.
4.3 Purposes of processingExpleo entities processes your personal data mentioned above for the following purposes:
- To communicate with you and respond to your requests and/or applications. For example, we may update you on the status of your application or invite you for recruitment activities such as a phone, online or in-person interview.
- For recruitment, evaluation, background screening and hiring purposes when required. We may invite you to participate in assessments to evaluate your suitability for a position. Your data will also be used to facilitate the hiring process.
- To propose your CVs to our internal teams and identify potential opportunities within the group. To enable your use of the career portal. Upon creating your account, we will send you your personal login information. This personal information enables us to manage your account including authenticating your access or changing your password at your request. We also may process your data if you encountered any problems in using the portal or if it is not functioning as expected.
- To analyse, develop and improve our recruiting activities, with anonymous statistics. To comply with applicable laws and regulations and to operate our business. We may process your data to comply with applicable laws and regulations, such as legally mandated reporting (if any). Moreover, your data may be used for the organization management such as conducting audits or in the context of dispute resolution.
- The same data may also be aggregately processed for statistical and reporting purposes to assess the frequency of consultation of our website and the effectiveness of our recruitment process.
- To build our talent pool and communicate with you regarding opportunities across Expleo’s organization. We only contact candidates who meet the criteria for an opportunity and if we think this will be of interest and relevance to them. As part of this talent pool, your data will be accessed by recruiters in other countries outside of Europe.
4.4 Ways of processing for recruitmentThe recruitment process can be initiated in different ways:
- Sourcing from our recruitment teams: as part of our sourcing activities, Expleo recruitment teams may contact you and collect your profile in CV libraries or job boards (such as Monster) and professional social networks (such as LinkedIn), only after you have given your consent. Application for a specific job: In response to a job offer published by Expleo entities, you can apply by choosing to communicate your LinkedIn profile, by uploading your CV or by completing the form manually. If you apply for a job offer, you will make your personal data available to Expleo.
- Unsolicited application: To submit your unsolicited application, you can open an account on our recruitment website in order to upload your CV, to apply via your LinkedIn profile or to manually complete a form. If you submit your unsolicited application, you will make your personal data available to Expleo.
5. Storage of your dataBy default, your data will be kept for the duration defined in the legislation applicable to your country:
- 6 Months: Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Spain.
- 12 Months: Belgium, United Kingdom, Romania, Portugal, Sweden, Ireland, Netherlands, Norway & other EU countries.
- 24 months: France, South Africa, Canada, Egypt, United Arab Emirates, Singapore, India
- 36 months: USA
6. Your rights in relation to the data processed
- Right of access. You have the right to obtain information about your personal data which we process. In particular, you can obtain information on the purposes of the processing, the categories of personal data concerned, the categories of recipients to whom your data has been or will be disclosed, the retention period, the right to rectification, erasure, restriction of processing or opposition, the existence of a right to lodge a complaint, the origin of the data, if the data has not been collected from us, as well as the existence of automated decision-making, including by establishing profiles and, where appropriate, meaningful information about such data.
- Right of rectification. You have the right to request the rectification of inaccurate or incomplete personal data.
- Right to erasure. You have the right to request the erasure of the personal data we retain, unless the processing is necessary for the exercise of the right to freedom of expression and information, for the performance of a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest or to assert, exercise or defend our rights.
- Right to restriction of processing. You have the right to request the restriction of the processing of your personal data, if you contest the accuracy of the data, if the processing is unlawful, if we no longer need the data or if you object to the processing.
- Right to data portability. You have the right to receive personal data you have provided us with in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, or to request its transfer to another data controller.
- Right to withdraw consent to data processing. You have the right to withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal data at any time. Consequently, in such a case, we will not be able to continue the processing of data based on this consent. Withdrawal of consent shall not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent prior to such withdrawal. If you wish to make use of your right of withdrawal, simply inform us by all known means of communication, in particular by e-mail email@example.com
- Right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. You have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. •Right to object. If the processing of your personal data is based on legitimate interests, you have the right to object to the processing of your personal data. If you wish to make use of your right to object, simply send a corresponding notification by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Right not to be subject to automated decisions taken on an individual basis, including profiling. You have the right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing - including profiling - which will have a legal effect or similarly affect you.
7. Data SecurityWhen you visit our websites and our social media pages, we use the widely used SSL method (Secure Socket Layer), in combination with the highest level of encryption supported by your browser. The fact that an individual page of our websites or social media page is transmitted in encrypted form may be recognised by the fact that the browser’s address line switches from “http://” to “https://” and includes the closed lock icon in the browser line. We also take appropriate technical and organisational security measures such as restricted access to your data, to protect your data against accidental or intentional manipulation, partial or total loss, destruction or unauthorised access by third parties. Our security measures are continuously improved in line with technological developments. We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where we are legally required to do so.
8. How to contact us
We hope that we can resolve any query or concern you raise about processing of your data. To this end, please address any request you might have via the following: email@example.com